Thursday, February 10, 2011

The garbage problem.....

Ok, so you're used to this recycling thing right? Two bins, one for rubbish, one for recyclables. So what is THIS?!?!?!?!



(Ok, sorry about the sideways picture, I have no idea why it did that, and I'm too tired to fix it right now.) But what's with the THREE bins?! Thankfully it is written on the lids - red for rubbish, yellow for cans, jars and bottles, blue for paper products. It certainly threw me a curve ball there for a while! Now I just have to train the rest of the family in proper recycling separation techniques, and recycling receptacle roadside placement, and all will be well. I wonder if there's an evidence base to guide me? ;-P

Then there's the phone lines that were chewed apart by the former tenant's dog........but that's another story! And we won't get started on the Austar installation-that-was-meant-to-happen-but-didn't either......oh the joys of moving!

Ok this one's upside down!!!! What the? Anyway, here's the cat "helping" me pack the dishes away - I probably shouldn't put this up as we have an outside pets lease and I wouldn't want to get evicted after less than a fortnight.......but it was too cute not to! Just stand on your head to see it properly. ;-P

Today was another of those 100km drives for an education day. Of course, somebody forgot to book me a car.......so I was left standing forlornly in the carpark for a bit! However, the country "network" kicked in and one of the cars came back to get me so all was well. Love helpful country people! A little stressful at the time, but as with most situations, it's now rather amusing! We'll just find someone to blame who is on holidays ;-) (Joke, people, that's a joke.)

The drama with the registration board continues, although apparently by tomorrow morning my name will appear on the Register of Practitioners. We shall see. After numerous attempts at emailing (as the recorded phone message tells you to call back later as they are too busy) with only an auto-responder reply, I decided to brave the phone again. Several times I was put on hold and then promptly hung up on. As you can imagine, I was not impressed by this at all! It's downright rude. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I finally got through to someone, an actual person! Wow. They first of all asked me why I hadn't called earlier (don't go there!) and then told me my application had not been assessed yet. NOT BEEN ASSESSED?!?!?!?!?! When they took my money two months ago and told me it was being assessed?! It took all my self control not to explode at the poor girl on the other end of the phone. Then she tells me they are processing applications in order of employment start date - a completely transparent story, obviously designed in an attempt to placate all the angry graduates! The board does not know our start dates, they do not know the facility we work in, so that isn't even possible. I also know of graduates, yet to start work, who are already registered. The next excuse was that they only received confirmation from the university today - another obvious fabrication as I also chased the university to send my paperwork in a hurry! I really didn't want excuses, I just wanted to know what was going on so I can be paid properly and do the job I trained for! I can tell you, I'll be checking the Board's website every hour tomorrow! The other issue with all this, is that I can't be accepted into my post-grad course until my registration goes through - so my plans are really getting messed up right now!

Registration issues aside though, I am enjoying things so far. It's a very different world to the one I trained in, and there are so many things to get my head around, but every staff member has been so supportive and helpful - so I haven't felt too lost. Three deaths in the first fortnight has been a bit heavy, but it goes with the territory I'm afraid. Most of the senior members of staff have asked me if I am all right after a big arrest the other night, and this has been a surprise! Not that other places don't offer you a debrief - but to have several people approach and see how I was doing is a new experience for me. Just shows the different culture here, and it's great.

Oh, and yes, I am fine, it was not my first arrest, and I am savvy enough to realise it's all part of the territory. So you needn't worry about that, there will be plenty more blog posts to entertain you. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment